Street Maintenance Issues

Public roads in Sanford are maintained by either the City of Sanford or the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT). Knowing the entity that maintains a particular street or road helps in knowing where and how to report maintenance issues.

Who Maintains the roads?

Interactive Map

How to Report Street Maintenance Issues

State Maintained Roads:

To report potholes or other maintenance issues involving state-owned roads, call NCDOT at 919-733-4768 or go to the NCDOT website and use the reporting button.

City-Owned Streets:

To report potholes and other maintenance issues for town maintained streets, call the Public Works Department at 919-777-1200.