The following release is shared on behalf of Lee County Government as a courtesy to City of Sanford residents.
The Lee County Government (LCG) Health Department has scheduled two COVID-19 drive-thru community testing events:
- Tuesday, June 16th from 8:30 AM until 5:30 PM at the CCCC Emergency Training Center located at 3000 Airport Road in Sanford, NC.
- Tuesday, June 23rd from 8:30 AM until 5:30 PM at the Dennis A. Wicker Civic Center located at 1801 Nash Street in Sanford, NC.
The Health Department is working in partnership with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, Piedmont Health, and UNC Health.
“Following our first community testing event in May, we received a number of inquiries about scheduling additional testing sites,” said Heath Cain, LCG Health Director. “We are thankful for the support of our partners that allows us to provide these two community testing sites. As we expand the opportunity for our community members to be tested for COVID-19, we further our efforts to slow and control the spread of the virus in Lee County.”
The criteria for testing include:
- anyone with COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea, and/or sore throat); and
- close contacts of known positive cases, regardless of symptoms; and
- anyone at higher risk of exposure or at a higher risk for severe disease, regardless of symptoms.
Testing is open to the general public at no cost. Individuals are strongly encouraged to pre-register for the event and receive an appointment time by calling (919) 542-4991; Ext. 1015 for English or Ext. 1016 for Spanish.
Due to patient privacy concerns, photographs and video will not be permitted during the active testing event period. Media is invited to visit the testing site at 8 AM on Tuesday, June 16th to view the testing area and set-up. LCG Health Director Heath Cain will be on-site to answer questions.
For additional information and questions, please contact Jamie Brown, Community & Governmental Relations Manager at 919-718-4605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.