Call for Entries: Underage Drinking Prevention & Education Award
The Sanford ABC Board
is sponsoring an Underage Drinking Prevention & Education Award for high school seniors. Students who apply are eligible to receive a $2,000 scholarship award; awards will be selected by a panel of judges at the NC ABC Commission.
To apply, students must: 1. Complete an application; 2. Write a well-researched essay explaining the facts and/or dangers surrounding the use and abuse of alcohol by minors; and 3. Develop a plan of action for sharing the research project with classmates and/or school.
Eligible students must work with a supervising teacher at their school to incorporate their research project into the classroom or school environment. Some examples of incorporating the researched information into the classroom include, but are not limited to:
- creating class discussion topics related to the dangers of underage drinking;
- publishing the research paper in the school newspaper; creating a bulletin board or display in the school;
- incorporating underage drinking prevention tips or facts into school announcements;
- presenting the research paper to a class or assembly;
- developing a video that illustrates the researched information.
The deadline to enter is April 15, 2019.View eligibility requirements and access an entry form here.