- Human Resources
- Reasons to Work for the City of Sanford
Reasons to Work for the City of Sanford
Centered in the heart of North Carolina, Sanford offers residents and visitors a unique blend of small-town charm and big city amenities.
In keeping with our residents' desires, the City of Sanford aims to provide excellent and efficient services that showcase our city's assets.
Consider joining our diverse and dedicated team where every employee is integral to our success in delivering quality services to our growing community.
We’ve created something extra special – a great place to live and work! Many employees join the City of Sanford expecting just a paycheck and end up with a rewarding career in local government!
What’s in it for you:
- The chance to be part of a knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced, and close work family
- A service product that makes you genuinely proud
- Employee provided health, life, accidental death & dismemberment, and short-term disability coverage
- Dependent provided life insurance coverage
- Participation in the North Carolina Local Governmental Employees’ Retirement System (one of the five best pension plans in the country)
- 401(k) supplemental retirement plan exclusive to public employees of North Carolina (5% employer contribution)
- Recognition for longevity of service beginning with year 5
- Tuition assistance (up to $2,000 per fiscal year)
- Employee assistance plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off (holidays/vacation/sick)
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for advancement
Following are examples of the types of jobs available at the City of Sanford:
- Police Officer
- Accounting Tech/Accountant
- Building Inspector
- Utility/Maintenance Worker
- Water/Waste Water Operator
- Construction Inspector
- Administrative/Customer Service
What are you waiting for?
To learn more about the City of Sanford, details of employment opportunities, and/or to apply for a vacant position, visit the jobs section of this website or call 919-777-1130.
Applications can be completed and submitted online.