Due to delays with the U.S. Postal Service, customers who mailed their utility payment to the City of Sanford may receive a second notice.
Second notices are automatically generated when water bill payments have not been received 5 days from the due date. With mail delays, some payments were not delivered to the City’s processing center before the second notices were generated.
If you mailed your payment but have received a second notice, please contact the City of Sanford’s customer service department to confirm that your payment has been received. Representatives are available by phone at 919-777-1190 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
If your payment has still not been received, you may make a payment by card over the phone. Your mailed payment will be applied to the next month’s bill.
To avoid mail processing delays, the City of Sanford offers several alternative payment methods. They are:
- pay by electronic draft on your due date each month;
- pay by phone using our automated service at 919-777-1190;
- pay online by visiting www.sanfordnc.net and selecting “Online Payments”;
- drop-off payment in the drop box located in the U-drive at the Sanford Municipal Center; or
- pay using cash at any local CheckFreePay Payment Center.
As a reminder, the City’s customer service department is currently open to the public on a modified schedule of 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
All other departments are available by appointment only. The Sanford Police Department remains open to the public for emergencies.