The City of Sanford will resume standard operating hours of 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at its municipal facilities starting Monday, April 12.
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the City of Sanford has been operating under reduced hours. Employees have continued to work on a regular schedule.
The following facilities will be open to the public: the Sanford Municipal Center, which includes Utility Services and Engineering; and all municipal offices at the Buggy Company building, which include Planning, Inspections, and Code Enforcement.
All municipal parks and playgrounds are open to the public, including the Endor Iron Furnace Greenway Trail. The Sanford Municipal Golf Course is also open.
The Public Works Service Center, Sanford Compost Facility, and Sanford Fire Department remain closed to the public.
Residents are encouraged to continue using online and phone services where possible to conduct business.
- Make utility payments online at www.sanfordnc.net, at our payment drop box located in the circular drive at the Sanford Municipal Center, at any local pay station, by mail, or by phone at 919-775-8215 using a credit or debit card.
- Apply for water and sewer service by calling 919-775-8215 or by visiting www.sanfordnc.net/utility-services.
- Apply for water and sewer connections by calling 919-777-1122 or 919-777-1155.
- Planning services can be accessed at www.sanfordnc.net/planning.
- Schedule compost deliveries by calling 919-775-8247.
- View our job openings and find out how to apply at www.sanfordnc.net/jobs.
- Access arrest, crash, and incident reports at www.p2csanfordnc.net.
All pandemic safety protocols will be enforced in municipal facilities, including wearing masks and social distancing.
Find more information about the City of Sanford’s pandemic procedures here.