The City of Sanford seeks applicants for several municipal boards, commissions, and committees. Members help make recommendations and decisions that better the lives of all residents.
The current vacancies are:
- One healthcare/medical position on the American with Disabilities Act Compliance Committee – term expires June 30, 2024;
- One alternate position on the Board of Adjustment, which also serves as the Housing Appeals Board – term expires June 30, 2023;
- One Treatment Facility Representative position on the Commission on the Opioid Abuse Epidemic – term expires June 30, 2023;
- One alternate position on the Planning Board – term expires June 30, 2022;
- Two positions on the Sanford Housing Authority: one appointment – term expires June 30, 2024; and one resident commissioner – term expires June 30, 2023.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old, be registered to vote in Lee County, and reside within Sanford’s city limits.
More information about each board, commission, and committee and an application are available on our website here. Applications can also be picked up at the Office of the City Clerk, located at the Sanford Municipal Center (225 East Weatherspoon Street) in Sanford.
For questions or concerns, contact the clerk’s office at 919-777-1112.