The City of Sanford's ABC Board is sponsoring an Underage Drinking Prevention & Education Award for high school seniors.
Students who apply could receive a $2,500 scholarship award. This year, award submissions will be selected by a panel of judges at Central Carolina Community College.
Eligible students must work with a supervising teacher at their school to incorporate their research project into the classroom or school environment. Some examples of incorporating the researched information into the classroom include, but are not limited to:
- creating class discussion topics related to the dangers of underage drinking;
- publishing the research paper in the school newspaper; creating a bulletin board or display in the school;
- incorporating underage drinking prevention tips or facts into school announcements;
- presenting the research paper to a class or assembly;
- developing a video that illustrates the researched information.
- Download an application packet on our website at https://sanfordnc.net/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=399.
The deadline to apply is April 17, 2023.
View full eligibility requirements and download an entry packet here.